Directories, General Information & Search Engines
- FamilyDoctor.org - Health information from the American Academy of Family Physicians.
- Hardin MD - a source to find the best lists, or directories, of information in health and medicine.
- Health AtoZ - Directory of more than 50,000 porfessionally reviewed Internet resources.
- Health Finder - Organizes more than 800 federal government consumer health websites.
- Health Info Iowa - An online resource for consumer health information.
- Health Square - Supplies the full text of the PDR Family Guide to Prescription Drugs, the PDR Encyclopedia of Medicine, and the PDR Family Guide to Women's Health
- Health Web - Index to many health topics.
- Human Anatomy Online -
- Mayo Clinic - a good place to start medical research
- MedExplorer - Medical & health search engine
- MedHelp International- One of the best patient handout sites. There are specialized libraries on cancer, brain tumors, drugs, and mental health.
- Medline- Free access to the Medline database.
- MedTerms.com - written entirely by physicians and was designed to be of use to both health professionals and consumers
- The Merck Manual of Diagnosis and Therapy - online version of "The Merck Manual"
Diseases & Related Organizations
- Major collection of documents, organizations and discussion groups on AIDS.
- American Diabetes Association- Covers pathophysiology and treatment, and details on different kinds of insulin.
- American Heart Association
- Breast Cancer Pathfinder- Listing of a variety of books, articles and websites related to breast cancer. Includes search terms.
- National Cancer Institute - Provided by the U.S. National Institutes of Health that contains handouts for professionals and the public on different cancers.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention - Extensive guidelines on infection control, immunizations, and hazardous substances.
- Inflamatory Breast Cancer Foundation - List of facts, myths and warning signs for IBC.
- Drug Formulary - Enter the brand name of a drug and it'll show the generic name, formulation, dosage and cost.
- RxList- A searchable drug index that includes drug interactions for the most commonly used agents.
- ACLS Algorithms- Series of instructions on how to do advanced cardiac life support from ACLS Certification online.
- Active First Aid - Online guide to basic first aid procedures.
- First Aid links
- Emergency Response Handbook, 2008
- eMedicine:Emergency Medicine - An online medical reference.
- First Aid - Basic first aid procedures and online quizzes by the Mayo Clinic Health Oasis.
- First Aid & Safety- Offers basic tips for first aid and fitness.
- First Aid Answers - Basic information about a variety of first aid issues.
- Medical Emergencies and First Aid - Family Health Guide by the Harvard Medical School.
Nursing World - the official website of the American Nurses Association.
Pediatric Nursing News and Resources - This site offers pediatric nursing news, tips, jobs, and nursing links. Also the online game - Who Wants To Be A Nursing Millionaire.
The Practicing Nurse- This journal is a peer reviewed on-line journal which comes out biweekly and covers a range of nursing related issues.
Psychiatry On-Line- An independent, peer-reviewed electronic journal.
World Wide Wounds - This is an Internet-only, electronic woundcare journal, published on a rolling basis in the United Kingdom. It publishes original, peer-reviewed work by professionals involved in the management of wounds.
Internet Mental Health- Large directory providing scientifically sound mental health infomation.
Mental Health Net- Lists over 7000 individual resources.
Mental Health Resources - Listing of resources at About.com.
Medical patient simulators and interactive tutorials
Nursing Theory Page - Listing of the various nursing theories. Updated regularly.
Online Physical Exam Teaching Assistant - An aid to demonstrate acceptable technique a physical, with videos.
Physical Exam videos - Free online streaming video of selected aspects of a physical exam.
TransWeb- Information about transplantation and donation.
Arbor Nutrition Guide- The world's largest catalogue of nutrition resources on the Internet-food science, clinical nutrition, ancient diets, functional foods and much more.
Food & Nutrition Information Center - Large listing of health & nutrition sides by the USDA.
Nutrition Pathfinder - Listing of a variety of books, articles and websites related to nutrition. Includes search terms.
Tuft's University Nutrition Navigator- A rating guide to nutrition Web sites.
- includes a free study guide and practice questions.