The Bright Scholars of Iowa award is once again available to Iowa high school seniors, who are strong academically but may lack the financial means to enable them to earn a college degree, planning to attend Southwestern Community College (SWCC) this fall.
The application criteria follow:
- May/June 2017 Iowa high school graduate
- Outstanding academic achievement (top 10 percent or equivalent of high school graduating class or ACT of 28 or above)
- Demonstrate a commitment to learning and community service, as well as success in the face of adversity
- Qualify for a Pell Grant as determined by filing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Maintain full-time enrollment
With the Bright Scholars of Iowa award, the recipient will receive cost of attendance, less all other aid including Pell Grants, institutional grants and scholarships, and private scholarships. The cost of attendance is equal to tuition and fees, room and board, and books.