CRESTON, IA—The Southwestern Community College (SWCC) Concert Choir will be performing “Holiday Carols in Concert” on Sunday, December 11, 2011, at 7:30 p.m. in the Performing Arts Center on the SWCC Creston campus. Tickets for this event are $10 per person, $5 for students and seniors, and may be purchased at the door.
The choir performed in the Des Moines area the week of November 28. The concerts featured favorite carols and masterworks by Christiansen, Mattson, The King’s Singers, Felciano, and Schreck.
The concert schedule follows:
• Mon., November 28, First United Methodist Church, 309 E. Jefferson Street, Winterset
• Tues., November 29, St. Andrews Episcopal Church, 5720 Urbandale Ave., Des Moines
• Wed., November 30, Zion Lutheran Church, 4300 Beaver Ave., Des Moines
• Thurs., December 1, Central Presbyterian Church, 3829 Grand Ave., Des Moines
• Fri., December 2, Grace Lutheran Church, 3010 52nd Street, Des Moines
All concerts begin at 7:30 p.m. There is no cost to attend, however a free-will offering will be taken with proceeds going to the professional music program. The conductor for the holiday concerts will be Jason Smith, SWCC professional music instructor. If you're looking for a concert closer to home, the group will be performing on Sunday, December 11, 2011, at the Performing Arts Center on the SWCC Creston campus. For more information, please visit SWCC's Master Calendar.
Each year, Southwestern Community College’s School for Music Vocations welcomes students from all across the United States, Canada, and other countries. SWCC offers a two-year associate of applied arts degree in professional music. For more information related to the holiday concerts or the professional music program, please visit the SWCC Web site at www.swcciowa.edu.