Office careers have great growth potential in the state of Iowa. Hands-on experience with the latest office equipment provides SWCC students with the knowledge and skills needed for the challenges of an exciting office career.
A nine-month office skills diploma program is also available at Southwestern.
Administrative Office Technology: Associate of Applied Science Degree
- Office clerk
- Administrative assistant
- Executive secretary
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- demonstrate proficiency in general office procedures.
- keyboard at a rate of at least 60 words a minute.
- operate word processing software so as to produce documents that are grammatically correct, error free, and in the correct form.
- compose and/or edit correspondence.
- produce accurate and understandable reports or the data for reports as directed.
- produce esthetically pleasing, readable, and informative publication.
- create, modify, and/or complete forms.
- create, maintain, and access records in the appropriate manner and form.
- use standard office equipment.
- organize work stations for effective work flow.
- plan and organize work so as to meet deadlines.
Instructor Barb Brown