Areas of Study
Industrial Maintenance Technology
NEW FOR FALL 2013!
Behind the scenes at any manufacturing operation is a team of maintenance technicians who keep the operation running smoothly. Maintenance technicians complete diverse tasks such as welding, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatics, and blueprint reading. They need to be able to maintain and troubleshoot electrical and mechanical systems and machinery.
During the industrial maintenance technology program, you will learn to troubleshoot and repair industrial equipment ranging from basic mechanical equipment and electrical motor controls to complex systems used in manufacturing environments. Graduates of this program will be prepared for careers in manufacturing and production facilities.
Industrial Maintenance Technology: Diploma or Associate of Applied Science Degree
- Maintenance technician
- Industrial supervisor
- Maintenance foreman
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- apply technical skills in mechanical and electronic equipment and repair.
- diagnose and repair industrial hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- use digital electronic equipment in automated production systems.
- diagnose and repair power transmission systems in industrial equipment.
- troubleshoot and repair industrial mechanical equipment.
- develop and utilize predictive and preventative maintenance programs.
- perform facilities maintenance and upgrades.
- use digital electronic equipment including PLC's.
- troubleshoot and repair electrical motor controls and electrical equipment.
Instructor: Henry Lemke