If you're looking for a rewarding career in the auto industry, SWCC's auto collision repair/refinish program is an excellent place to get started. SWCC's esteemed auto collision repair/refinish program is one of two programs in Iowa to have the ASE (The National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence)/NATEF (National Automotive Technician Education Foundation) certification. SWCC is the only program in the state to have the I-CAR (Inter-Industry Conference on Auto Collision Repair) I-CAR Gold Class designation.
SWCC is one of five colleges in the state of Iowa to have the I-CAR Training Alliance. This allows students to earn Gold Class points during their coursework. SWCC's auto collision repair/refinish program is based on the I-CAR Enhanced Delivery curriculum with valuable hands-on experiences in the classroom. Courses are taught by ASE-certified instructors who have platinum level I-CAR designations and an intense pride in their program.
Students are trained in areas of panel straightening, refinishing, structural and non-structural repair, plastics repair, welding, mechanical repairs, and estimating. Quality workmanship is the focus of SWCC's auto collision repair program. The training allows students to become both ASE certified and earn the I-CAR designations. A unique feature of the program--after two years of collision repair training you can return for one additional year of mechanical training and obtain a second AAS degree in automotive repair.
Find jobs related to this degree by visiting Career Coach.Career Coach
Auto Collision Repair/Refinish: Diploma or Associate of Applied Science Degree
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- repair damaged vehicles to pre-accident condition.
- comprehend the processes involved in auto collision repair and refinishing industry.
- operate auto collision repair and refinish equipment.
- possess an appropriate work ethic associated with the auto collision repair industry.
- develop a repair plan for various auto collision damages.
- exhibit appropriate customer/interpersonal relations.
I-CAR Platinum-Level Designation - Instructor
I-CAR Gold Class Designation - Program
- Collision repair technician
- Refinish technician
- Painters apprentice
- Physical damage appraiser in the insurance industry
- Manufacturer's sales/service representative
- Body shop estimator
Main Instructor: Jeff Magneson, collision repair/refinish