Looking for a career in business? Earn your associate of applied science degree in business administration at SWCC! Southwestern's business administration curriculum has a general education core with specific course work in business, accounting, economics, management, and law.
SWCC business administration graduates display a knowledge of business concepts required for today's ever-changing business environment with a background in critical thinking skills and team building.
If you plan to transfer to a four-year college or university for a bachelor's degree, the associate of arts degree with a business major is recommended.
Business Administration: Associate of Applied Science Degree
This program is also offered through SWCC's online/distance education department!
Business Leadership Certificate
The leadership certificate is designed for working professionals who are preparing themselves for leadership positions in government, business or not-for-profit organizations. It balances practical leadership skills with a strong business foundation.
- Financial management
- Business owner
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- describe the U.S. business system, economic system, legal aspects and the social responsibility of business.
- identify the characteristics of the sole proprietorship, the partnership, the corporation, and the cooperative forms of business ownership and discuss the advantages and disadvantages of each form.
- utilize oral and written communication skills, group work skills, and problem solving skills.
- apply generally accepted accounting procedures for all levels of business activity and in all sizes of businesses from the small sole proprietorship to the large highly organized corporations.
- describe how businesses account for their finances and report financial information to the public.
- explain the key aspects of managing a business.
- apply concepts in core business disciplines and critical thinking skills to make sound business and financial decisions.
- describe workplace ethics and diversity.