Transfer Students

If your academic goal is to earn a bachelor’s degree, you'll spend the first two years of college at SWCC taking all of your general education requirements.  Then, you'll be ready to transfer to a four-year college.

Your focus at Southwestern will be to obtain the associate of arts degree or the associate of science degree. Upon receiving the AA or AS degree, you will have the option of transferring to a four-year college or university. Because Southwestern is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, a commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, our credits are readily accepted at most colleges and universities across the U.S.

We have official articulation agreements with a number of colleges and universities. Use the link at left to view the Course Equivalency Guides SWCC has with these institutions.  Students planning to transfer to one of Iowa's Regents Institutions--Iowa State University, University of Northern Iowa, and University of Iowa--should check out  This Web site was created by the Regents Institutions and Iowa's Community Colleges to help students make a seamless transfer.