If your academic goal is to earn a bachelor’s degree, you'll spend the first two years of college at SWCC taking your general education requirements. Then, you'll be ready to transfer to a four-year college or university.
Your focus at Southwestern will be to obtain the Associate of Arts degree or the Associate of Science degree. Upon receiving the AA or AS degree, you will have the option of transferring to a four-year college or university. During your program of study, you are encouraged to work with your academic advisor to satisfy transfer requirements.
Southwestern has official articulation agreements with the colleges and universities listed below. Southwestern Community College transfers credits to these institutions and credits from these institutions will transfer back to Southwestern.
- Ashford University
- Buena Vista University and Buena Vista University Program Specific Criminal Justice
- Clarkson College Program Specific Bachelor of Science in Health Care with a Major in Management, Bachelor of Science in Health Care Services and Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Drake University
- Graceland University
- Iowa State University
- Kaplan University
- Northwest Missouri State University and Northwest Missouri State University Program Specific Agricultural, Business Management, and Marketing
- Palmer College of Chiropractic (Davenport Campus)
- Simpson University and Simpson University Program Specific Criminal Justice
- University of Central Missouri Program Specific Criminal Justice
- University of Iowa and University of Iowa Program Specific RN to BSN
- University of Northern Iowa and University of Northern Iowa Program Specific Bachelor of Arts Technology Management and Bachelor of Science Electrical Technology
- Upper Iowa University
- William Penn University and William Penn University Program Specific Criminal Justice and RN to BSN
Students planning to transfer to one of Iowa's Regents Institutions--Iowa State University, University of Northern Iowa, and University of Iowa--should check out transferiniowa.org. This Web site was created by the Regents Institutions and Iowa's Community Colleges to help students make a seamless transfer.