1. Application Form - Submit a completed admissions application to the admissions office.
2. High School Transcripts - Submit a copy of your final high school transcripts, High School Equivalency Diploma scores (formerly known as GED), or homeschooling documentation to the admissions office.
3. College Transcripts - If you have attended other colleges or universities you must submit an official transcript from each college or university attended. A transcript is official only when it arrives in the mail directly from the registrar's office of the previous institution. This is required even if you do not wish to have your previous course work evaluated or transferred to Southwestern.
4. Entrance Tests - In recognition of the varying skill levels of entering students, Southwestern Community College uses the ACT and COMPASS test. Results from these tests are used as placement guides, which enable advisors to better advise students with course selection and scheduling. Test scores must be on file with admissions prior to registration. Visit the Assessment Center for specific information.
In lieu of the COMPASS test, Southwestern will accept the following from students:
A documented composite score of 19 on the ACT or an equivalent SAT score of 1350 (combined reading, writing, and math) or above.
Documented scores on the COMPASS test taken within the past three years at Southwestern or elsewhere.
Successful college work within the past three years consisting of a minimum of 12 credit hours with a C grade or better in each class, including three credits in English and three credits in math.
It is the responsibility of each student to see that necessary documentation is on file with the admissions office prior to registration.
The primary purpose of assessment is to help enhance student success at Southwestern. Assessment results will enable the college to improve academic advising and course placement. Areas measured by the COMPASS test include reading skills, numerical skills, and language usage skills.
5. Other - Completion of any other program or course prerequisites for the specific program for which application has been made.