High school students, welcome to Southwestern Community College! Your registration form has been processed, and you are now enrolled in the face-to-face or online course(s) you have selected for the upcoming semester. Your decision to enroll or continue enrolling in challenging college courses and begin your college transcript is a big step, and Southwestern is very excited to serve as the springboard for your college education – and future career!
To ensure all Southwestern students hit the ground running, all high school students enrolling in courses for the fall semester are required to attend orientation, even if you have taken classes previously. Southwestern’s online and ecompanion system will be updating to CANVAS during the fall 2017 semester — this is a new online learning management system for Southwestern and each student will receive a new login and password.
2017 Orientation Dates
Arts & Science Orientation (face-to-face and online courses)
Choose the orientation that works best for your schedule and travel ability.
August 1, 10 am-12 pm, Osceola SWCC Center, 2520 College Drive, Osceola**
August 1, 1-2:30 pm, Mount Ayr High School, 1001 E. Columbus, Mount Ayr***
August 2, 10-11:30 am, Murray High School, 216 Sherman, Box 187, Murray***
August 2, 1-3:30 pm, SWCC Creston Campus, 1501 W. Townline Street, Creston*
August 3, 1-3 pm, Red Oak SWCC Center, 2300 North 4th Street, Red Oak
August 7, 9:30 am-12 pm, SWCC Creston Campus, 1501 W. Townline Street, Creston*
August 7, 1–2:30 pm, Lenox High School, 600 S. Locust, Lenox***
August 8, 1-3 pm, Osceola SWCC Center, 2520 College Drive, Osceola**
August 9, 1-3:30 pm, SWCC Creston Campus, 1501 W. Townline Street, Creston*
August 10, 1-3 pm, Red Oak SWCC Center, 2300 North 4th Street, Red Oak
August 14, 2-3:30 pm, Bedford High School, 906 Penn Street, Bedford***
August 15, 10 am -12 pm, Red Oak SWCC Center, 2300 North 4th Street, Red Oak
August 15th, 1:30-3 pm, Southwest Valley High School, 904 Eighth Street, Corning*
August 16th, 10 am-12 pm, Osceola SWCC Center, 2520 College Drive, Osceola**
August 16, 2-3:30 pm, Mount Ayr High School, 1001 E. Columbus, Mount Ayr**
August 17, 1:30-3 pm, Stanton High School, 605 Elliott Street, Stanton**
August 18, 9:30 am-12 pm, SWCC Creston Campus, 1501 W. Townline Street, Creston*
*SWCC Creston Campus orientations will be held in the Instructional Center (round building). Please enter the double door entryway facing southeast (facing the dorms).
**Osceola Center orientations will have limited parking. Please consider carpooling!
***Orientations at the high schools are open to all students. Please be respectful as you visit these districts.
Creston Campus Career Academy Orientation
August 16, 6:30 pm, Allied Health and Science Center, SWCC Creston Campus, 1501 W. Townline Street, Creston
RSVP by Friday, July 28
Space at certain orientations will be limited, we encourage early confirmation!
Text: 641.426.2770 (Include full name, high school, and orientation date & location)
Phone: Terri or Rachel at 641.782.1495
- General Session: College Course 101
- Technology Session: Logging in and connecting online with SWCC
- Tour Session: Locating classrooms and Obtaining Student Photo ID & Parking Sticker
- ACCUPLACER Test: Only required for students who have not tested yet. A testing appointment can be set by calling the SWCC Assessment Center in Creston at 641.782.1320, the Red Oak Center at 712.623.2541, or the Osceola Center at 641.342.2531.
At the end of orientation, you will be able to answer the following questions: What is my schedule, when do I start class, where do I get my textbook, how do I login to my online class, and what makes a successful college class experience.
- E2Campus: Emergency Text Message - Sign up to receive emergency alerts, college closings and other notifications from SWCC. Alerts may be sent to your mobile phone by text message (some carriers may charge for incoming text messages).
- How to Access CampusConnect - Login to CampusConnect to view class schedule, midterm and final grades, unofficial transcript, and demographic profile.
- ICCOC: Access your Online Class/eCompanion
- Online Class Tips
- Webmail: Access your SWCC Email Account - Interested in forwarding your SWCC emails to your personal email? Follow this link, https://www.smore.com/tehu8
- Student Survey - This survey is to be completed by students enrolling at Southwestern for the Fall 2015 semester.
- College Connection Student Manual - Coming soon!
- SWCC Academic Calendar - 2017-18
- Educational Equity Statement
- SWCC Campus Map
- Instructional Center Map
- Computer Code Policy