High school students, welcome to Southwestern Community College! Your registration form has been processed, and you are now enrolled in the face-to-face or online course(s) you have selected for the upcoming semester. Your decision to enroll or continue enrolling in challenging college courses and begin your college transcript is a big step, and Southwestern is very excited to serve as the springboard for your college education – and future career! To ensure all Southwestern concurrent enrollment students hit the ground running, all high school students taking face-to-face courses at the SWCC campus for the first time or enrolling in online courses for the first time are required to attend orientation.
Monday, August 15
SWCC Arts & Sciences Orientation, SWCC Osceola Center, 1-3 p.m.
Tuesday, August 16
SWCC Arts & Sciences Orientation, Allied Health & Science Center, Creston, 9:30 a.m.-12 p.m.
Wednesday, August 17
Red Oak Arts & Sciences Orientation, SWCC Red Oak Center, 10 a.m.–12 p.m.
Wednesday, August 17
SWCC Career Academy Orientation, Allied Health & Science Center, Creston, 6:30-8:00 p.m.
Thursday, August 18
SWCC Arts & Sciences Orientation, Allied Health & Science Center, Creston, 1-3 p.m.
Please RSVP to the SWCC secondary programs office by calling 641.782.1495.
- General Session: College Course 101
- Technology Session: Logging in and connecting online with SWCC
- Tour Session: Locating classrooms and Obtaining Student Photo ID & Parking Sticker
- COMPASS Test: Only required for students who have not tested yet. A testing appointment can be set by calling the SWCC Assessment Center in Creston at 641.782.1320, the Red Oak Center at 712.623.2541, or the Osceola Center at 641.342.2531.
At the end of orientation, you will be able to answer the following questions: What is my schedule, when do I start class, where do I get my textbook, how do I login to my online class, and what makes a successful college class experience.
- E2Campus: Emergency Text Message - Sign up to receive emergency alerts, college closings and other notifications from SWCC. Alerts may be sent to your mobile phone by text message (some carriers may charge for incoming text messages).
- How to Access CampusConnect - Login to CampusConnect to view class schedule, midterm and final grades, unofficial transcript, and demographic profile.
- ICCOC: Access your Online Class/eCompanion
- Online Class Tips
- Webmail: Access your SWCC Email Account - Interested in forwarding your SWCC emails to your personal email? Follow this link, https://www.smore.com/tehu8
- Student Survey - This survey is to be completed by students enrolling at Southwestern for the Fall 2015 semester.
- College Connection Student Manual - Coming soon!
- Academic Calendar - 2015-16
- Academic Calendar - 2016-17Academic Calendar - 2016-17
- Educational Equity Statement
- SWCC Campus Map
- Instructional Center Map
- Computer Code Policy