GAP Tuition Assistance
What is GAP Tuition Assistance?
The GAP Tuition Assistance Program provides tuition funding to eligible applicants enrolling in an approved Continuing Education certificate training program. Certificates earned will increase the skills of the workforce.
Manufacturing & Industry Technology
- MIG—Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW)
- TIG—Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW)
- MIG & TIG Welding Certificate (combination of both GMAW & GTAW)
- Introduction to Manufacturing
- Basic Welding Certificate (150 hour)
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
- Resident Attendant Training
- Medication Aide
- Emergency Medical Responder
- Emergency Medical Technician
- Advanced Emergency Medical Technician
- CDL Professional Driver Prep
What is unique about GAP Tuition Assistance?
Non-credit certificate programs are not eligible for federal financial aid, this program bridges the funding gap for those students pursuing short-term certificates.
What is covered by GAP?
Depending on your financial eligibility, you may receive full assistance with your direct training costs, including tuition, books, and required fees and equipment.
Are you eligible?
The GAP Tuition Assistance Program is based on financial need. However, it is important to note that meeting the financial criteria alone DOES NOT guarantee funding from the GAP Tuition Assistance program. In addition to meeting the financial criteria applicants must also demonstrate the capacity to achieve the program outcomes:
- Ability to complete the certificate and earn the credential.
- Ability to enter full‐time employment.
- Ability to retain full‐time employment over time.
- Likelihood of completion
A variety of factors are considered when determining likelihood of completion including potential barriers to success, soft skills, and employability.
You must be an Iowa Resident and eligible to work in the United States.
2013 Poverty Guidlines
Effective January 24, 2013 (subject to change)
|1||$28,725 or less|
|2||$38,775 or less|
|3||$48,825 or less|
|4||$58,875 or less|
|5||$68,925 or less|
|6||$78,975 or less|
|7||$89,025 or less|
|8||$99,075 or less|
|for each additional family member +$10,050|
- Apply online
- Complete the National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC)
- Provide proof of income documentation for last 12 months from date of application
- Interview with GAP Staff Member
For additional information, contact: