GAP Tuition Assistance
What is GAP Tuition Assistance?
Gap Tuition Assistance provides funding to eligible applicants enrolling in a GAP approved certificate program in occupations including information technology, health care, advanced manufacturing, and transportation. The GAP Tuition Assistance Program enables individuals to gain the necessary skills to obtain
a job in an in demand field!
What is unique about GAP Tuition Assistance?
Non-credit certificate programs are not eligible for federal financial aid, this program bridges the funding gap for those students pursuing short-term certificates.
What is covered by GAP?
Assistance with your direct training costs, including tuition, books, required fees and equipment for GAP approved classes:
Manufacturing & Industry Technology
- MIG—Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW)
- TIG—Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW)
- MIG & TIG Welding Certificate
- Introduction to Manufacturing
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
- Resident Attendant Training
- Medication Aide
- Emergency Medical Responder
- Emergency Medical Technician
- Advanced Emergency Medical Technician
- Class A CDL Professional Driver Prep
Are you eligible?
The GAP Tuition Assistance Program is based on financial need. Eligible participants must provide proof of gross family income which cannot be over the 250% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines(see chart). However, it is important to note that meeting the financial criteria alone DOES NOT guarantee funding from the GAP Tuition Assistance program. In addition to meeting the financial criteria applicants must also demonstrate the capacity to achieve the program outcomes:
- Ability to complete the certificate and earn the credential.
- Ability to enter full-time employment.
- Ability to retain full-time employment over time.
- Likelihood of completion
A variety of factors are considered when determining likelihood of completion including potential barriers to success, soft skills, and employability.
You must be an Iowa Resident and eligible to work in the United States.