DATE AND TIME: Sat., April 29, 1 p.m.
LOCATION: SWCC Student Center gymnasium, 1501 W. Townline St., Creston, IA 50801
DAZZLERS 2017-18 TRYOUT FORM - Please complete this form and bring it with you on the day of tryouts!
Expectations for being on the team:
• Attend all practices
• Workout program outside of practice time
• Attend required basketball games
• Attend assigned or requested appearances
• Participate in all competitive events
Elements required at tryouts:
• Splits and/or stretches
• Toe touch
• Spinning disc
• Center leap
• Straight leap (left and right)
• Double or triple pirouette
• Fouette sequence of your choice
• Switch leap (left or right)
• Any tumbling or tricks
We would prefer to see all potential team members in person, but if the tryout date interferes with prior commitments, we do allow a video tryout. Contact Coach Kaeleigh Ballentine for all the necessary elements to be included in the video, as well as a deadline.
1. All practices are mandatory. Being on the team is a full-time commitment.
2. For the day of tryouts, we ask that everyone bring their own dance shoes and comfortable dance attire. We strongly suggest a sports bra/top and dance shorts. We also expect everyone to look game-day ready (make-up, hair done nicely, etc.)
3. I am looking for and expect good attitudes and team morale.
Tryout day agenda:
• 1 p.m. – stretch together
• 1:15 p.m. – start learning 30 second pom routine
• 1:45 p.m. – show the pom routine in small groups
• 2:15 p.m. – start learning 30 second hip hop routine
• 2:45 p.m. – show the hip hop routine in small groups
• 3:15 p.m. – start learning 30 second jazz routine
• 3:45 p.m. – show the jazz routine in small groups
• 4:15 p.m. – show elements required
• 4:45 p.m. – show any additional elements
Once you are done with your tryouts you are free to go home. The next day Coach Kaeleigh will call or e-mail each individual person to let them know if they made the team or not.
Head Coach Kaeleigh Ballentine