Face-to-face and online textbooks, both new and used, which have been selected by the instructor are available at the Southwestern Community College Bookstore. The price of new books are set by the Publishing Company. The Southwestern Community College Bookstore does not control the cost of new books, nor does it control when a textbook shifts to a new edition. Used books that are sold in the Bookstore are priced at 75 percent of the new price.
Advantage of Buying Textbooks at the Bookstore
- You know you are getting the exact editions and package that the instructor requires.
- No waiting period for shipment.
- Many used titles are available at 75 percent of the new book price.
- Should you need to return your book, within the terms of the refund policy, your refund is immediate.
- The money you spend stays on campus and is returned to the Southwestern Community College scholarship fund.
Textbook buyback is held during finals week of the fall and spring semester during regular store hours. Additional buyback times are announced for summer and fast track classes at later dates. All dates will be posted on the Southwestern Community College home page, www.swcciowa.edu, under upcoming events.
- All individuals wishing to sell back textbooks must present an original cash register receipt and/or the pink copy of their charge slip. Books cannot/will not be bought back if proof of purchase from the SWCC Bookstore cannot be produced.
- Books must be in good, reusable condition.