Having trouble making a career decision or finding employment? Career-related services are available to Southwestern Community College students, alumni, and the general public through the following resources.
Southwestern Community College uses College Central Network as its official resume and job posting service.
- Kuder Electronic Career Planning System - Available through the Assessment Center, Instructional Center, room 215
- Resume Services - IowaWorks, Creston
- Employer questions and job postings - Valerie White, Workplace Learning Network coordinator
- Chronicle Electronic Occupational Library
Job Placement Services
Employers-Post jobs directly to the job board.
Students-Search for employment and post your resume.
- IowaWORKS - Southern Hills
Local and state jobs.
- Resource Library of Publications and Videos
These materials cover the process of applying for jobs, submitting resumes, and interviewing for employment. Stop by Instructional Center, room 213, to review.
Health Careers Employment Fair
Held annually in the spring. If you're interested in being on the list of potential employers represented at the fair, please contact Valerie White, SWCC Workplace Learning Network coordinator.
Contact Valerie White, SWCC Workplace Learning Network Coordinator
By phone: 641.782.1573
Office located in Instructional Center, room 213.