CampusConnect is a secure web-based interface that allows students to access information while attending Southwestern. It can be accessed from the SWCC home page. Using your student ID and password, you will be able to view such things as class schedules, grade reports, unofficial transcripts, account status, and financial aid information.
Instructions for Accessing CampusConnect:
- Go to the SWCC home page at www.swcciowa.edu
- On the right-hand side of the page, click on the button called Student CampusConnect
- Follow the directions below to log-in (screen will look similar to graphic at right):
- Enter your student id number (without dashes).
- The first time you log-in, your password will be the month and day of your birthdate.
- After you log in for the first time, you will be required to change the password.
- The new password must be a minimum of 8 characters, maximum of 15 characters. The password must include a capital letter, number, and symbol.
Accessing Your SWCC Email Account
Each student has been assigned a SWCC email account. To find your email user name, log in to CampusConnect (see instructions above). The Southwestern email address you see listed on your CampusConnect demographics screen has your last name and a number (ex. Doe23). This is your email user name.
Instructions for Accessing Your SWCC Email Account:
- Go to the SWCC home page at www.swcciowa.edu.
- Click on the Webmail link at the very top of the page (page that comes up will look like image at right).
- Enter your user name (ex. Doe23). Your password is the first three letters of your last name in CAPITAL letters, followed by the last four digits of your social security number.
- Click on the “Sign in” button.
You have now accessed your SWCC email account! You will now use this same user name and password when logging in to computers on campus. For your protection, do not let anyone know your password, and make sure you have logged off completely before leaving a computer.
SWCC's Wireless Network
SWCC's campus has a wireless network, as well as wired connections in the residence halls, computer labs, and various other locations. Computers are available in any one of the four computer labs.
Learning Resource Center/Library
The SWCC Library has more than just books and periodicals. The library has a variety of technology equipment available for student use. This includes computers with software required for classes, a laser printer, DVD players, audio recorders, digital video cameras, and computers with music keyboards. The library also provides the LCDs, laptops, document cameras, smart board, and speakers needed to do classroom presentations and projects. Stop by the library, located in the center of the Instructional Center, to see all that they have to offer.