For the second week in a row and third time on the season, Spartan volleyball player Carmen Subbert of Stanton has been named Iowa Community College Athletic Conference (ICCAC) offensive athlete of the week.
According to the ICCAC Web site, Subbert's performance during the week of October 13-19 included an average of 4.4 kills and 2.1 digs in 13 sets. Also, she had a hitting percentage of 36 percent and continues to lead the Spartans offensively as the team approaches the end of the season.
CRESTON, IA—Southwestern Community College (SWCC) began the process of educating students about the Alert, Lockdown, Inform, Counter, and Evacuate (ALICE) training program on Tues., October 14, 2014, from 8-10 a.m. in the college’s Instructional Center. Keith Olsen, SWCC employee and certified ALICE instructor, conducted the student training with assistance from John Coulter, Afton chief of police and certified ALICE instructor.
Activities are planned on the SWCC campus next week for National Collegiate Alcohol Awareness Week, October 20-24. Get involved and learn about smart choices!
- Monday - Iowa State Patrol driving simulator will be in the Student Center from 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Tuesday - "Be a Lifesaver, Drink Responsibly." Students will be handing out lifesavers on campus and before the volleyball game, which starts at 6:30 p.m. in the Student Center gymnasium.
- Thursday - Campus Crawl starting at 7 p.m. in the parking lot east of Spartan Suites
- All Week - Information booth located outside the library in the Instructional Center.
For the second time in recent weeks, Spartan volleyball player Carmen Subbert of Stanton has been named Iowa Community College Athletic Conference (ICCAC) offensive athlete of the week.
According to the ICCAC Web site, Subbert's performance during the week of October 6-12 included an average of more than four kills per set over 17 sets. She added 2.25 digs in those sets as well. Overall on the week she had 68 kills and 38 digs. Her best game came against Southeast CC when she killed 22 balls on 45 percent hitting and made 11 digs.
The Spartan sports shooting team took home another conference win on Saturday, October 11. The team traveled to the Palmer Conservation Club in Palmer for a meet hosted by Iowa Central CC.
Brandon Dvorsky shot a perfect 50 of 50 to take the top score of the shoot. The SWCC team score was a 242 of 250, finishing as the winning overall team for the day. The top five individuals scoring for the Spartans were Dvorsky 50/50, Ethan Jolliff 49/50, Shelby Woods 48/50, Easton Ressler 48/50, and Cody Bruggemeyerr 47/50. Woods finished as the top female of the day with 48/50.
- Register NOW for the Campus Crawl
- Register NOW for the SmartStart Kickoff
- Subbert Named Athlete of the Week
- Mullin Family Donates to EF
- Iowa Community Colleges Receive Federal Grant
- Spartans Post Two Perfect 50's in Conference Win
- Softball Selling T-Shirts
- Wangberg Receives Children’s Champion Award