What is SIFE?
SIFE stands for Students in Free Enterprise. It is a team of students who wish to learn more about the free enterprise system through community projects. Southwestern's SIFE mission statement is "The students in Free Enterprise on the Southwestern Community College campus will provide students the opportunity to develop leadership, teamwork, and communication skills through learning, practicing, and teaching the principles of free enterprise system."
Why should you join Southwestern's SIFE team?
There are many benefits to being a part of our team including:
- Networking with businesses and individuals in the community and within the SIFE global organization.
- Applying skills and knowledge learned in the classroom through team projects.
- Promoting the principles of market economics, entrepreneurship, personal financial success, and business ethics.
- Engaging in service learning projects which improve the quality of life and standard of living for members of your community.
- Traveling to regional competitions to present projects.
- Working with other students on campus outside of the classroom.
- Gaining real world experience.
Is SIFE only for business majors?
NO! SIFE is for everyone in Southwestern Community College.
What is the time commitment involved?
Only you can answer this question. You may work on as many projects as you feel your schedule allows for. Meetings are scheduled on a project-by-project basis.
Which faculty members are the Southwestern SIFE advisors?