Southwestern Community College (SWCC)
1501 West Townline Street, Creston, IA 50801
Located in a rural, mid-sized community in southwest Iowa
Winter-8 a.m.-5 p.m., Summer-7:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Southwestern Community College became a smoke/tobacco-free campus on July 1, 2008, in accordance with House File 2212, which was enacted by the General Assembly of the state of Iowa. Smoking and the use of tobacco is prohibited on any college owned property.
Southwestern Community College exists in order that community members have opportunities to gain skills and knowledge sufficient for successful employment, higher education achievement, and lifelong learning.
Southwestern Community College will be the center of educational excellence for the advancement of our students and communities.
- Providing an innovative learning community conducive to the lifelong learning of constituents.
- Partnering with members of the Area XIV community, Community Colleges of Iowa and others.
- Offering high quality, student-centered, accessible, and affordable education.
- Meeting the diverse needs of students.
- Promoting educational opportunities for under-represented populations.
- Strengthening communities through economic development.
- Maintaining quality facilities, equipment, and instructional technology.
- Recognizing our people as our greatest asset.