Medical and Dental Insurance (for full-time employees)
Employee Medical and Dental Plans
- HealthPartners Plan Certificate
- HealthPartners Summary of Benefits and Coverage
- HealthPartners Benefits Chart
For more information, you may visit the HealthPartners website.
For more information, you may visit Delta Dental's website.
Retirement Plan (for full-time and regular part-time employees)
Option 1: I.P.E.R.S. (Iowa Public Employees' Retirement System)
- A Defined Benefit Plan. Employee contribution = 5.95%; Employer contribution = 8.93%. Check IPERS website for benefit information, retirement calculators, and other useful links
Option 2: TIAA
- A Defined Contribution Plan. Employee contribution = 5.95%; Employer contribution = 8.93%. Visit the TIAA Web Center for a list of products and services available to members
Life Insurance (for full-time employees only)
- An employer provided term life insurance plan
- Life Insurance Certificate
Optional supplemental life insurance available for employees and dependents.
- Life insurance plan
Long-Term Disability Insurance (for full-time employees only)
Eligible after a 90-day elimination period.
- LTD Plan
403b Participation - Tax Deferred Annuities (for full-time and regular part-time employees)
The college sponsors employee participation in 403b plans administered by the Iowa Department of Administrative Services' Retirement Investors' Club (RIC). A list of providers and detailed information about the investment options are available on the RIC website.
Vacation and Sick Leave (for full-time employees and regular part-time employees)
Vacation and sick leave accrual will begin on the first date of employment; accrual rates vary based on employment status (i.e. full-time, part-time, etc.)
The following holidays are normally recognized:
- New Year's Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day and the Friday after
- Christmas Day
Other Leave (bereavement, leave of absence, military leave, FMLA leave, etc.)
Defined in the employee and faculty handbook
Benefit which allows employees to deduct health and dependent care expenses on a pre-tax basis. Participating employees can manage their Flex accounts online.
Tuition and Fee Remission (for full-time employees)
Employees and their dependents may apply for waiver of tuition and fees for courses at SWCC based on eligibility criteria (dependent children under age 24).
Employee Assistance Program
Free confidential counseling available to employees and their dependents.
- Assistance is available from anywhere in the country toll-free, 24 hours a day, seven days a week: nationwide at 800.854.1446 or online