The agriculture business transfer major provides students with opportunities to earn Associate of Science (AS) degrees, which transfer to many four-year institutions. The agriculture business transfer major is appropriate for students who are interested in pursuing careers in agricultural sales, livestock sales, banking, ag lending, commodity trading, farm and ranch management, or insurance sales representative.
Associate of Science Degree
Students interested in transferring for certain science- or math-related majors may benefit from earning the Associate of Science degree. This degree totals 64 credits of general education from the following academic areas–communication, humanities/social sciences, math, science, and electives–with an emphasis in math or science. As an Associate of Science student, your chosen major could include biology, chemistry, environmental science, physics, pre-dentistry, pre-engineering, pre-med, pre-physical therapy, pre-vet, etc.
- Ag sales
- Livestock sales
- Ag lending
- Commodity trading
- Farm management
- Insurance sales representative
- ECN 130 Principles of Microeconomics
- AGB 336 Agricultural Selling
- ECN 120 Principles of Macroeconomics
- AGB 235 Introduction to Agriculture Markets
- BIO 112 General Biology I (w/ lab)
- BIO 114 General Biology IA (w/ lab)
- PHI 105 Introduction to Ethics
- REL 101 Survey of World Religions
- ACC 131 Principles of Accounting I
- ACC 142 Financial Accounting
- AGB 330 Farm Business Management
Click on the course number in the list above to view the course description. This may not be a complete list of courses that may be included for the agriculture business transfer pathway. To see all courses in a semester-by-semester plan, view the Agriculture Business transfer pathway course outline.