Eight cars raced this year in the automotive department's Valve Cover Car Races held during CTE Day on April 8, 2016, on Southwestern Community College's Creston campus.
This year's winners included:
- 1st Place - North Central Career Center Collision (unable to attend so SWCC student Korey Slough raced for them)
- 2nd Place - Clayton Smith, Central Decatur High School
- Best Looking Car - John Burns, SWCC auto student, Chariton
- Best Decorated Car - Tyler Cashman, SWCC auto student, Murray
- Most Unusual Car - William Mongar, Central Decatur High School
Pictured Above (L to R): Jeff Sorensen, SWCC automotive repair technology instructor; Tyler Cashman, Murray, SWCC; Zach Carlo, East Union, SWCC; Jordan Miles, Central Decatur High School; William Mongar, Central Decatur High School; Coltin Wills, Central Decatur High School; Clayton Smith, Central Decatur High School; Korey Slough, South Page, SWCC; John Burns, Chariton, SWCC; and Steve Schmalzried, SWCC high school automotive repair technology instructor.