Looking for a career in business? Earn your associate of applied science degree in business administration at SWCC! Southwestern's business administration curriculum has a general education core with specific course work in business, accounting, economics, management, and law.
SWCC business administration graduates display a knowledge of business concepts required for today's ever-changing business environment with a background in critical thinking skills and team building.
If you plan to transfer to a four-year college or university for a bachelor's degree, the Associate of Arts degree with a business major is recommended.
Find jobs related to this degree by visiting Career Coach.Career Coach
Business Administration: Associate of Applied Science Degree
This program is also offered through SWCC's online/distance education department!
Business Leadership Certificate
The leadership certificate is designed for working professionals who are preparing themselves for leadership positions in government, business or not-for-profit organizations. It balances practical leadership skills with a strong business foundation.
- Financial management
- Business owner
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
1. Describe our business system, economic system, our legal aspects and the social responsibility of business.
2. Identify the characteristics of the sole proprietorship, the partnership, the corporation, and the cooperative forms of business ownership and discuss the advantages and disadvantages of each form.
3. Participate in class activities that will develop oral and written communication skills, group work skills, and problem solving skills.
4. Understand the use of accepted accounting procedures for all levels of business activity and in all sizes of businesses from the small sole proprietorship to the large highly organized corporations.
5. Discuss how businesses account for their finances and report financial information to the public.
6. Explain the key aspects of managing a business, including information, supervisory, and inventory management along with the use of computer.