The early childhood education (teacher licensure) transfer major provides students with opportunities to earn Associate of Arts (AA) degrees, which transfer to many four-year institutions. The early childhood education (teacher licensure) transfer major is appropriate for students who are interested in pursuing careers in early childhood education.
Associate of Arts Degree
The Associate of Arts (AA) degree readies students for their junior year at the college/university level. This degree totals 64 credits of general education from the following areas–communication, humanities, math, science, social sciences, and electives. Students in this program are sometimes referred to as transfer or liberal arts students. As an Associate of Arts Degree student, your chosen major could include business, early childhood education, elementary education, English, history, psychology, secondary education, sociology, etc.
- Daycare manager
- Junior kindergarten teacher
- Kindergarten teacher
- Preschool teacher
- EDU 213 Introduction to Education
- ECE 103 Introduction to Early Childhood Education
- PSY 111 Introduction to Psychology 3
- SPC 101 Fundamentals of Oral Communication
- ENG 106 Composition II 3
- PSY 121 Developmental Psychology 3
- EDU 245 Exceptional Learner
- EDU 235 Children’s Literature
- EDU 255 Technology in the Classroom 3
- LIT 101 Introduction to Literature 3
- MAT 117 Math for Elementary Teachers
Click on the course number in the list above to view the course description. This may not be a complete list of courses that may be included for the Early Childhood Education (Teacher Licensure) program. To see all courses in a semester-by-semester plan, view the Early Childhood Education (Teacher Licensure) program course outline.