Graphic design is the process and art of combining text and graphics to communicate effective messages in design. The impact of graphic designers can be seen everywhere—in logos, brochures, newsletters, posters, websites, packaging, and much more.
Southwestern’s graphic design program will help you learn how to effectively and professionally arrange elements to convey information to an audience. You will take courses in the art & design department, as well as the business and information technology department. In just two years, you will gain skills using the latest graphic design software to put your designs in print and on the web.
Did you know the Iowa Last-Dollar Scholarship could help pay for the cost of this program? Learn more at Iowa Last-Dollar Scholarship!
Graphic Design: Associate of Applied Science Degree
- Graphic Designer
- Layout Designer
- Web Designer
Instructor Regina Long
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
• Develop and demonstrate the ability to plan, communicate, design and build efficient documents/files in appropriate software programs for the graphic design profession
• Utilize proper terminology, techniques and procedures common to the graphics industry
• Develop an online portfolio
• Demonstrate commitment to maintaining a strong work ethic
• Develop the technical and interpersonal skills to support the user community