New Student Orientation sessions will be held throughout summer 2018 for students who will be entering college in August. At orientation, new SWCC students will meet fellow students, learn to use campus technology, register for classes (if they haven't already done so), receive financial aid information, purchase books, etc.
New students should watch for future communication from the admissions department detailing which orientation they will attend.
A complete listing of 2018 orientation dates follow:
- Friday, June 22, 1-5 p.m. (textbooks will not yet be available at the SWCC Shoppe during this orientation) - Arts & sciences (college transfer), auto collision repair/refinish, automotive repair technology, and agricultural/ag-related majors.
- Monday, July 16, 8–11 a.m. – LPN students and 12-3 p.m. ADN students (textbooks available at the SWCC Shoppe starting today)
- Wednesday, July 18, 1–5 p.m. - Arts & sciences (college transfer), accounting, accounting & info technology, administrative office technology, business administration, graphic design, MIS, office skills, and web development.
- Friday, July 27, 1–5 p.m. - Arts & sciences (college transfer), carpentry & building trades, electrical technology, and welding.
- Wednesday, August 1, 1–5 p.m. - Arts & sciences (college transfer), industrial technology, information technology systems networking, and ag.
- Tuesday, August 7, 4-7:30 pm – Osceola Center
- Wednesday, August 8, 1–5 p.m. - Open orientation for all majors.
- Thursday, August 9, 4-7:30 p.m. – Red Oak Center
- Monday, August 20, 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. - Open orientation for all majors.