The clinic at Greater Regional Health, 1610 W. Townline Street, Suite 200, in Creston, 641.782.2131, has been designated the official agency to provide health services for Southwestern Community College students. The clinic will attend to the health needs of students who require professional medical attention.
Students are responsible for carrying their own medical insurance for injuries or illnesses sustained while a student at Southwestern.
Mental health services
Synergy eTherapy is available for students in need of counseling services. Synergy eTherapy has three Iowa therapists available to assist students via phone or video sessions. Students interested in accessing these counseling services can click on the link below and complete the contact form to schedule an appointment.
TalkCampus Peer Support App
TalkCampus is a network exclusively for students to share the ups and downs of life. TalkCampus is a community to talk to students from around the world any time of day or night. Anxiety, stress, relationship difficulties, or even self-harm. It's a safe place where students can talk anonymously about anything without judgments. Give and get support in real time, through posting, reading, and commenting.
TalkCampus isn't a replacement for counseling or professional support; however, it is a great place to start talking and to make sure the student knows he or she is not alone.
Light Therapy Boxes
Light therapy boxes are available in the SWCC Shoppe, located in the Student Center, for checkout by SWCC students and employees.
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 - Refer to the Coronavirus Fact Sheet, provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), to learn preventative actions to help prevent the spread of the virus, as well as symptoms of the disease.
- Coronavirus Resources and Messages:
- SWCC COVID-19 Updates and Cancellations
- TestIowa Website
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) COVID-19 Website
- SWCC student COVID-19 FAQ
- IDPH FAQ for Schools
- CDC Information for Travel
- SWCC coronavirus information for students and employees.
- March 14 email from SWCC President Barb Crittenden
- March 11 email to students
- March 6 email to students
- Iowa Coronavirus Hotline - Dial 211
- Influenza Information & Prevention - Iowa Department of Public Health
- Sexual Harassment and Discrimination Procedures
- Vaccination Policy - Recommended immunizations are listed in Southwestern's Student Handbook.