Southwestern Community College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, (hlcommission.org), a regional accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. The college is also accredited by the Iowa Department of Education. Programs have been approved by the Veterans and Military Education Unit of the Iowa Department of Education for veterans education benefits through the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
Special Accreditation for Academic Programs:
- The ADN and LPN programs are approved by the Iowa Board of Nursing.
- The auto collision repair/refinish and automotive repair technology programs are certified by the National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation (NATEF).
- The electrical technology program is approved by the Iowa Electrical Board Post-Secondary Electrical Program.
- Concurrent enrollment programs are accredited by the National Alliance of Concurrent Enrollment Partnerships (NACEP).
|X||Repeat of Course|
The GPA is obtained by multiplying the number of points assigned to the letter grade received in each course by the number of credit hours attempted for the course to arrive at the total points earned in each course. Divide the sum of the grade points by the total number of credit hours attempted. The quotient represents the GPA. There is a semester GPA and a cumulative GPA on all student permanent records.
The most recent enrollment in a course is the grade used to calculate the grade point average. All previous enrollments of that course are recorded on the transcript but not calculated in the GPA.
- Freshmen - Less than 28 credit hours earned
- Sophomore - 28 or more credit hours earned
COMPLETION OF DEGREE/DIPLOMAS
Degrees/diplomas completed are entered on the transcript at the point they are awarded and indicate the type of degree/diploma and conferral date.
Note: Developmental courses do not count toward associate degrees.
Southwestern Community College operates on a 16-week semester system. Credit is expressed in semester hours.
CONFIDENTIALITY OF RECORDS
In accordance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974, this transcript must not be released to a third party without written authorization of the student.
- Associate of Arts
- Associate of Science
- Associate of Applied Arts
- Associate of Applied Science
- Associate of General Studies
Southwestern Community College’s nondiscrimination statement is located on the General College Information page on the SWCC website.