SWCC TRIO-Student Support Services Mission Statement:
“The TRIO-Student Support Services program at Southwestern Community College enhances the institution’s commitment to first-generation, low-income students and students with disabilities by encouraging students to strive toward their academic and personal goals. SSS provides support services designed to increase retention, graduation, and transfer rates.”
TRIO-Student Support Services is funded 100 percent ($312,549) by the U.S. Department of Education and serves 180 participants every academic year. All services are FREE! To be eligible for Student Support Services, students must meet at least one of the following:
- First generation college student- (Neither parent has a four-year college degree) or
- Low-income individual- (Based on Federal Financial Aid/Taxable Income) or
- Student with a documented disability.
Services offered (most services are offered face-to-face and virtual):
Academic Skills Workshops
TRIO-SSS Advising Philosophy:
Quality advising is instructional in nature and involves a commitment to establishing a collaborative partnership between the advisor and the advisee. The ongoing advising relationship focuses on promoting academic, personal, and career success.
Print the application and appropriate eligibility forms below and bring them to our office.
- TRIO SSS Application Form (PDF)
- TRIO SSS Dependent Student Eligibility Form (English) (PDF)
- TRIO SSS Dependent Student Eligibility Form (Spanish) (PDF)
- TRIO SSS Independent Student Eligibility Form (PDF)
|TRIO-Student Support Services (SWCC)
Promote Your Page Too
1501 W. Townline St.
Creston, IA. 50801
Fall/Spring Hours: 7:30 a.m. - 5 p.m. Mon-Fri
Summer Hours: 7 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Mon-Fri