- Having trouble understanding the course content?
- Need a little boost to help you succeed in a class?
- Want to prove that you can learn everything there is to know about a particular course?
Come visit the TRIO-Student Support Services program located on the second floor of the Instructional Center, above the library.
TRIO-SSS provides free, individual or small group academic tutoring in a variety of courses. Tutoring is available on campus and is free for students who are either in TRIO-SSS or eligible for TRIO-SSS. It is offered on a by-appointment or drop-in basis. Peer tutors provide the tutoring services and are available at a range of times. For the current hours tutors are available, please see the Tutoring Schedule.
Peer Tutors are fellow college students that have done well (A or B) in a course and want to share their knowledge with others. They have either taken or are currently taking the classes for which they are tutoring and have been trained in techniques to help others better understand the course content.
Think you might be interested in tutoring?
- Do you enjoy helping others succeed?
- Have you done well (A or B) in a course taken at SWCC?
- Want to earn money just for being smart and helping others?
- Are you either a current TRIO-SSS participant or eligible for TRIO-SSS?
Then a tutor position is the job for you! Print out an application and bring it to Andrea Rivera Rojas, tutor coordinator, in the TRIO-SSS office to let me know you are interested.
Want to speed up the hiring process? Print out a faculty recommendation form for each class you would like to tutor. Complete the top section and give it to the course instructor to finish and return to TRIO-SSS office.
1501 W. Townline St.
Creston, IA. 50801
Fall/Spring Hours: 7:30 a.m. - 5 p.m. Mon-Fri
Summer Hours: 7 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Mon-Fri