Directories, General Information & Search Engines
- FamilyDoctor.org- Health information from the American Academy of Family Physicians.
- Hardin MD - a source to find the best lists, or directories, of information in health and medicine.
- Health Finder - Sponsored by National Health Information Center.
- Health Info Iowa - An online resource for consumer health information.
- Health Central - Listing of conditions, health tools, and videos.
- Human Anatomy Online
- Mayo Clinic
- Medline- Free access to the Medline database.
- MedTerms.com - written by physicians with consumers and patients in mind.
- The Merck Manual of Diagnosis and Therapy - online version of "The Merck Manual"
Diseases & Related Organizations
- AIDS Pathfinder- Major collection of documents, organizations and discussion groups on AIDS.
- American Diabetes Association- Covers pathophysiology and treatment, and details on different kinds of insulin.
- American Heart Association
- National Cancer Institute
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention - Data and statistics on health topics.
- Inflammatory Breast Cancer Foundation - List of facts, myths and warning signs for IBC.
RxList- A searchable drug index.
- ACLS/BLS - videos and other free resources.
- Emergency Response Handbook - Manual to deal with hazmat incidents
- Emergency Medicine - Online emergency medical articles by Medscape.
- First Aid - Basic first aid procedures and online quizzes by the Mayo Clinic Health Oasis.
- First Aid Answers - Basic information about a variety of first aid issues.
- Medical Emergencies and First Aid - Family Health Guide by the Harvard Medical School.
- World Wide Wounds - Peer-reviewed work online only journal.
- College Student's Guide to Depression
- Mental Health and Wellbeing for College Students
- Internet Mental Health
- Mental Help Net
- Psychiatry On-Line- An independent, peer-reviewed electronic journal.
- Nursing Theory & Research- Listing of the various nursing theories. Updated regularly.
- Online Physical Exam Teaching Assistant - An aid to demonstrate acceptable technique a physical, with videos.
- TransWeb- Information about transplantation and donation.
- Food & Nutrition Information Center - Large listing of health & nutrition sides by the USDA.
- Tuft's University Nutrition Navigator- A rating guide to nutrition Web sites.
- Math and Pharmacology for nursing
- Pharmacology math quizzes
- Manuel's Web- Has nursing calculators and help for nursing related math.
Study Guides- Interactive Learning
Net Exam - includes a free study guide and practice questions.