Southwestern Community College administrators announced to students, faculty, and staff on Friday, Oct. 9, 2020, the college will be modifying the spring 2021 semester calendar eliminating Spring Break due to continued proactive mitigation strategies related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The spring 2021 semester will proceed as follows:
- Spring semester student housing move-in will take place January 9-10. Additional details regarding move-in will be available in November.
- Spring semester will begin on Jan. 11, 2021. This date has not changed from the original date scheduled.
- Online classes will continue as scheduled for the spring 2021 semester. The start date for 16-week online classes is Monday, January 11, and the end date is Sunday, May 2.
- Face-to-face classes will continue throughout the entire semester without a pause for Spring Break, originally scheduled for March 15-19.
- Finals week will be held one week earlier, April 26-30.
- Spring semester will end on Friday, April 30.
- The 2021 Commencement Ceremony will be held April 30. A decision on the format of the ceremony--in-person or virtual--will be made at a later date.
Registration for the spring semester will begin on October 19. The registration schedule follows:
- Returning career and technical education students will begin registering on October 19.
- Returning arts and sciences students may begin registering on October 21.
- New students may begin registering on November 2.
Please view SWCC's online Academic Calendar at any time to see the semester calendar, refund dates, online terms, etc.