The NJCAA national DI cross country week one polls were announced recently. Both the Spartan men’s and women’s teams were included in the rankings. The Spartan men, ranked tenth, are among five other Iowa community colleges to make the top 20. The Spartan women, ranked 13th, are also among several Iowa community colleges to be nationally ranked. The high concentration of Region XI colleges in the ranking is a true testament of the high level of cross country competition there is in Iowa.
SWCC will host its annual Community Awareness Day on Wednesday, September 10, from 9-11 a.m. in the main hallway of the Instructional Center. A variety of community agencies will be on hand to provide information to SWCC students and staff about the services they provide.
Agencies that will be providing information include:
- Crest Area for Life
- Crisis Intervention and Advocacy Center
- First National Bank
- Iowa Works
- Life Care Pregnancy Center
- Neighbors Loving Neighbors Outreach
- PCSB Bank
- TRiO--Student Support Services
- Vocational Rehabilitation
The Spartan volleyball team traveled to Mason City and defeated the NIACC Trojans on Wednesday, September 3. After the Spartans quickly won game one (25-16), the Trojans made a comeback in game two winning 25-19. The Spartans then won the next two close games and the match, 25-22 and 25-20.
The Spartans will travel to Highland, KS this weekend to take part in the Highland Community College Invitational tournament.
The courthouse lawn in Osceola provided the perfect setting for Sunday’s Latino Festival on Sun., August 24. During the event, thirst-quenching beverages such as horchata and snow cones provided relief from summer heat. While sipping drinks and sampling Hispanic cuisines and cultures, the crowd enjoyed main stage performances by Grupo Folklorico Jovenes Embajadores and Salsa Des Moines.
Due to the weather, volleyball tailgating tonight (starting at 5 p.m.) will be inside the Student Center. The volleyball game vs. DMACC will follow at 6:30 p.m. in the Student Center gymnasium.
- SWCC Gains Golfer with AIB Transfer Student
- Nodaway Valley Golfer Signs with SWCC
- Coach Hernandez Accepts Ice Bucket Challenge
- SWCC Baseball Hosting Fall League
- Lorensen Named Athletic Director/Athletic Fundraiser
- Spartans Gain Speed and Strength with Addition of Carlisle Grad
- Stumpff Gains Transfer to Help in Pitching Department
- SWCC’s Lorensen Lands Omaha’s Tyler Bullock as Assistant