- Created on Friday, April 18, 2014 at 8:51 AM
Addae Houston, Southwestern Community College (SWCC) head women’s basketball coach, recently added two strong athletes to his roster from Kansas City, MO.
Sabrina Fountain, a senior at Raytown South High School in Kansas City, was a 2014 Kansas City Suburban Conference Honorable Mention selection and a 2013 Kansas City Suburban Second Team All-Conference selection.
- Created on Thursday, April 17, 2014 at 10:55 AM
Sa’Lisa Berry, a senior at Abraham Lincoln High School in Des Moines, signed with Southwestern Community College (SWCC) this week and as of fall 2014 semester will be running track, as well as playing basketball for the Spartans.
During high school, Berry received a 2014 Metro Conference Honorable Mention selection, 2014 Iowa Elite Senior All Star Team selection, and the 2013 Captain Award for track and field.
Addae Houston, SWCC head women’s basketball coach, said Berry will give the Spartans great depth at the guard position. “Sa’Lisa is a solid shooter from the outside and knows how to create shots for others,” Houston stated.
- Created on Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at 4:38 PM
The Southwestern golf teams traveled to Fort Dodge on Tuesday, April 15, for the Iowa Central Invitational and came home with a third-place finish for the women and fourth-place slot for the men. The finishes are more impressive upon considering that both teams competed with only four players. Typically, college teams play five and are allowed to drop the highest score. Shelby Williams paced the women with an 84, and used strong marks from Konnor Griffith, Caitlin Giles, and Logan Kinyon to earn third place. Chasen Selsor had top score for the men and was followed by consistent marks from Jake Speer, Jared Theis, and Angga Edwards for fourth. The teams will next travel to Mason City on Monday to compete in the North Iowa Area Invitational.
- Created on Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at 4:24 PM
Bill Huntington, Southwestern Community College head track and field coach, recently added three student-athletes from southwest Iowa to the Spartans’ 2014-15 women’s track and field roster.
- Created on Tuesday, April 15, 2014 at 1:09 PM
The work of approximately 80 Southwestern Community College (SWCC) students will be on display during Poster Day, on Tues., April 22, 2014, from 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. in the upstairs of the SWCC Student Center on the Creston campus.
- "Rumors" Success for Club
- Doubleday Receives New Century Scholar Award
- Roebuck Signs with Southwestern
- SWCC Co-Hosts Statewide Conference
- Spartans Place at National Sports Shooting Event
- Student Art Exhibition at Warren Cultural Center
- Automotive Programs Hosting Open House
- New Spartan Coach Recruits Two for 2014 Volleyball