Behind the scenes at any manufacturing operation is a team of maintenance technicians who keep the operation running smoothly. Maintenance technicians complete diverse tasks such as welding, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatics, and blueprint reading. They need to be able to maintain and troubleshoot electrical and mechanical systems and machinery.
During the industrial technology program, you will learn to troubleshoot and repair industrial equipment ranging from basic mechanical equipment and electrical motor controls to complex systems used in manufacturing environments. Students learn skills in maintaining and troubleshooting electrical and mechanical systems and machinery. The diverse training includes welding, electrical, hydraulics, pneumatics, blueprint reading, etc. Specific courses may include AC/DC fundamentals, motor controls, industrial pumps, fluid power-hydraulics, fluid power-pneumatics, and programmable logic controllers. Graduates of this program will be prepared for careers in manufacturing and production facilities.
Did you know the Iowa Last-Dollar Scholarship could help pay for the cost of this program? Learn more at Iowa Last-Dollar Scholarship!
Industrial Technology: Diploma or Associate of Applied Science Degree
Industrial Technology Degree Sheet
- Maintenance technician
- Industrial supervisor
- Maintenance foreman
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- apply technical skills in mechanical and electronic equipment and repair.
- diagnose and repair industrial hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- use digital electronic equipment in automated production systems.
- diagnose and repair power transmission systems in industrial equipment.
- troubleshoot and repair industrial mechanical equipment.
- develop and utilize predictive and preventative maintenance programs.
- perform facilities maintenance and upgrades.
- use digital electronic equipment including PLC's.
- troubleshoot and repair electrical motor controls and electrical equipment.
Shawn Oaks, industrial technology instructor