Southwestern Community College is one of Iowa’s smaller two-year community colleges. The campus setting is rural and located in Creston, Iowa (population 7,600). Creston is approximately 70 km south of Iowa’s capital city, Des Moines (population 191,000).
Southwestern provides educational offerings leading to gainful employment or course work that is transferable to four-year colleges and universities to continue studies for an advanced degree. Detailed information about SWCC's programs and advanced degree offerings is available online or in the college catalog.
Please contact Cody Crawford, admissions representative, for questions regarding admission for international students.
- Official Transcripts - Students must submit official transcripts in English from their high schools once they graduate. These should be mailed to Southwestern upon completion of high school and need to list students' graduation dates. NOTE: Each transcript must include the month, day, and year of graduation, as well as the signature of a school official. Also, if students have attended prior colleges, students must request those transcripts as well. All documentation will need to be provided in English.
- Student/Sponsor Financial Statement - Students are required to submit dated and notarized bank statements indicating that there are sufficient funds to pay for college. The bank statements need to have a minimum balance of $16,136. The bank statements need to be in English, and also the amounts need to be in U.S. dollars.
- SWCC Financial Statement
- English Proficiency Form
- Official TOEFL scores
- Placement testing - Submit ACCUPLACER test scores, a documented ACT composite of 19, an equivalent SAT score of 990, or have a high school transcript (see Item #1) on file at SWCC.
- $150 Processing Fee - Students may pay the processing fee online at PayMyTuition or with a credit card by calling the SWCC business office at 641.782.1448.
- Student Housing (Dorm) Application - The application for student housing must be completed if a student plans to live on campus. This needs to be done quickly as housing fills up fast. If a student plans to live off-campus, the student should notify Cody Crawford, admissions representative, of their plans.
- International Student Deposit - A $2,000 deposit is required for international students. This deposit may be paid via phone with credit card or online through PayMyTuition (deposit is refundable if the student decides not to attend). Please note, the student's I-20 will not be issued until the $2,000 deposit is received.
Southwestern Community College
c/o Cody Crawford
1501 W Townline Street
Creston IA 50801
- January Entry - November 15
- August Entry - July 15
International Transfer-In Students:
- January Entry - December 15
- August Entry - August 15