The following checklist will serve as a guide to take classes through SWCC’s Concurrent Enrollment Program:
- Students must meet proficiency requirements as evidenced by standardized test or alternative measure of proficiency as approved the local district’s Board of Education.
- Students must also meet the same admission and placement policies as traditional college students, as outlined in the SWCC College Catalog.
- Students must complete the Southwestern application for admission (available online www.swcciowa.edu/apply)
- Students must complete their high school’s respective registration form (available from your guidance counselor.) If a student is under 18, a parent or guardian must also sign the form.
- Students must complete the ACCUPLACER test by the first day of SWCC classes (unless the student has a documented score of 19 or higher on his/her ACTs). For ACCUPLACER cut off scores.
- If a student does not meet the eligibility requirements after taking the ACCUPLACER, the high school may recommend the student be allowed to take the course by completing the SWCC High School Acceptance of Responsibility Form.
- Receive approval from the Southwestern secondary programs coordinator for course selection and registration.
If you have questions while submitting the forms above, please contact your high school guidance counselor or Rachel Ramaeker, coordinator of secondary programs.