The following checklist will serve as a guide to take classes through SWCC’s Concurrent Enrollment Program:
- Students must meet proficiency requirements as evidenced by standardized test or alternative measure of proficiency as approved the local district’s Board of Education.
- Students must also meet the same admission and placement policies as traditional college students, as outlined in the SWCC College Catalog.
- Students must complete the Southwestern application for admission (available online www.swcciowa.edu/apply)
- Students must complete their high school’s respective registration form (available from your school counselor.)
- Students must submit a high school transcript for placement review or complete ACCUPLACER test by the first day of SWCC classes (unless the student has a documented score of 19 or higher on his/her ACTs).
- Receive approval from the Southwestern secondary programs director for course selection and registration.
If you have questions while submitting the forms above, please contact your high school counselor or Rachel Ramaeker, director of secondary programs.