The secondary education transfer major provides students with opportunities to earn Associate of Arts (AA) degrees, which transfer to many four-year institutions. The secondary education transfer major is appropriate for students who are interested in pursuing careers in secondary education.
Associate of Arts Degree
The Associate of Arts (AA) degree readies students for their junior year at the college/university level. This degree totals 64 credits of general education from the following areas–communication, humanities, math, science, social sciences, and electives. Students in this program are sometimes referred to as transfer or liberal arts students. As an Associate of Arts Degree student, your chosen major could include business, early childhood education, elementary education, English, history, psychology, secondary education, sociology, etc.
- High school teacher
- Middle school teacher
- School administrator
- School counselor
- EDU 213 Introduction to Education
- ENG 105 English Composition I
- MAT 156 Statistics
- PSY 111 Introduction to Psychology
- SPC 112 Public Speaking
- EDU 245 Exceptional Learner
- ENG 106 Composition II
- PSY 121 Developmental Psychology
- BIO 105 Introductory Biology
- EDU 255 Technology in the Classroom
- HIS 111 Western Civilization: Early Modern to Present
- MUS 100 Music Appreciation
- POL 111 American National Government
- HIS 152 U.S. History since 1877
- LIT 101 Introduction to Literature
- PSY 281 Educational Psychology
Click on the course number in the list above to view the course description. This may not be a complete list of courses that may be included for the secondary education transfer pathway. To see all courses in a semester-by-semester plan, view the Secondary Education transfer pathway course outline.