The Southwestern Spartans are the back-to-back NJCAA Region XI DII Men's Basketball Champions! They are headed to the 2018 nationals in Danville, IL, from March 20-24, 2018. Updated tournament information will be posted here as it becomes available.
Round 1 - #5 SWCC 92, #12 DCTC 77 Recap
Quarterfinals - #5 SWCC 68, #13 ECC 66 Recap
Semifinals - #5 SWCC 67, #1 Triton Recap
Finals - #5 SWCC 98, #11 Delta 81 Recap
Other tournament results, brackets, and other information can be found on the NJACC website.
Pre-ordered national qualifier T-shirts have arrived at the SWCC Shoppe! They may be picked up starting at 1 p.m. on Thursday, March 15. If you did not pre-order but would like a shirt, they will be available in the SWCC Shoppe, starting at 1 p.m. on Thursday, March 15, while supplies last.
Meet and greet and send-off
The send-off ceremony for the Southwestern men’s basketball team, as they head to the NJCAA National Championship in Danville, IL, will be held on Sunday, March 18, beginning at 1 p.m. at the Student Center. The public is invited! Plan to wear your Spartan colors.
The agenda for the ceremony follows:
- 1 p.m. – Autographs and well wishes to the team and the coaches
- 1:30 p.m. – Head Coach Todd Lorensen speaks
- 1:45 p.m. – Players and coaches walk through human tunnel to bus
The Danville Days Hotel & Conference Center (Days Inn) is offering a special rate of $79 to Southwestern Spartan fans. The hotel is located off Highways 1 and 136 at 77 North Gilbert St., Danville, IL. To book by phone, call 800.329.2613.
Hotels in Danville with room availability as of 3/15 include:
- Best Western - Riverside - 800.528.1234
- Days Hotel - 800.255.3297
- Best Western - Regency - 217.446.2111
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites - 800.HOLIDAY (LIMITED)
- Red Roof Inn & Suites - 800.733.7663
- Super 8 - 800.800.8000 (LIMITED)