2021 SWCC Pay it Forward Week
April 12-16, 2021
During the 2021 SWCC Pay it Forward (PIF) Week, we want to encourage SWCC students, faculty, staff, and community members to pay it forward all week long and post about it on social media. When you post, be sure to use the hashtag #SWCCpif.
Once again this year, the pandemic will limit our big group activities so that's why we want smaller groups to step up and pay it forward! SWCC faculty and staff, if you are planning something for your club, organization, class, or department for PIF Week, please let us know so we can attend and take pictures!
Activities the entire campus community can participate in include the following:
- All week - Student Awards Ceremony. A number of SWCC students will be honored online and on social media for honors and achievements from the 2020-21 academic year.
- All week - RN Club fundraiser. The RN Club will be collecting new baby items to gift to the OB department at Greater Regional Health. Nursing Instructor Heather McLain will match $1 for every donated item. All items will be used for goody bags for teen or single mothers who may not be financially stable. Items may be donated in the box at the back of the RN classroom in the Allied Health and Science Center.
- All week - Cans for Kindness. Food drive for Spartan Corner. Donations may be dropped off at the SWCC Shoppe. Protein items (examples include peanut butter, canned chicken, and tuna packets/cans) are needed at this time, but all donations are appreciated.
- All week – PTK Shoe Drive. The Beta Eta Nu chapter of Phi Theta Kappa will be holding a footwear drive from April 12-May 3, to collect gently-used or new shoes such as sandals, flip flops, tie or slip-on shoes, casual or dress. Boxes will be available by the library, SWCC Shoppe, Allied Health & Science Center, Arts & Wellness Center, and Administration Center.
- Monday, April 12, 11 a.m.-1 p.m., Student Center - Admissions Registration Table
- Monday, April 12, 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m., Student Center - Campuswide Cookout, all SWCC students and employees are invited to this FREE cookout
- Tuesday, April 13, 9-11 a.m., outside the Instructional Center - Plant Kindness and Spread It, plant a flower in a terra cotta pot and give it away to brighten someone's day
- Tuesday, April 13, 9-11 a.m., Student Center - Admissions Registration Table
- Tuesday, April 13, 2 p.m. and 4 p.m. - Softball games vs Iowa Western, Spartan Softball Field
- Wednesday, April 14, 9:30-11:30 a.m., Instructional Center main hallway - Thank you notes, write a thank you note to someone you know to make them smile
- Wednesday, April 14, 9-11 a.m., Student Center - Admissions Registration Table
- Wednesday, April 14, 11 a.m.-2 p.m., Ag Club Petting Zoo, north of the Administration Center
- Wednesday, April 14, 2 p.m. and 4 p.m. - Softball games vs DMACC, Spartan Softball Field
- Thursday, April 15, 9 a.m., Uptown Clean-up, uptown Creston, sponsored by Union County Development Association
- Thursday, April 15, 10:30 a.m. – SWCC Tech Achiever l Reveal/Surprise, Instructional Center, automotive technology repair area. All welcome.
- Thursday, April 15, 11 a.m.-1 p.m. - Positive Affirmations (and Coffee Shop gift cards!) by BVU, Instructional Center, main hallway
- Thursday, April 15, 2:30-4:30 p.m. – High Lakes Outdoor Alliance Range Cleanup, High Lakes Shooting Range, volunteers welcome.
- Thursday, April 15, 5:30 p.m. - SPFFC Kickball Tournament for SWCC Students, Kickball Registration Form, SWCC softball field, check your SWCC email for additional information
- Friday, April 16, 9-11 a.m. - Campuswide Cleanup
SWCC Red Oak Center PIF Week Activities ~ April 12-16
All Day: Monday, April 12, Center-wide Root beer Float Day, root beer ice cream and ice cream all day.
Monday, April 12, Summer & Fall Class Schedules, schedule date/time to meet with advisor to register for summer and fall classes.
Tuesday, April 13, Plant Kindness and Spread It, “plant a flower” by coloring a flower and “planting” it in the flower pots found on display across from the front desk on the library windows.
Tuesday, April 13, Summer & Fall Class Schedules, schedule date/time to meet with advisor to register for summer and fall classes.
Wednesday, April 14, Thank you notes, write a thank you note to someone you know to make them smile.
Wednesday, April 14, Summer & Fall Class Schedules, schedule date/time to meet with advisor to register for summer and fall classes.
Thursday, April 15, Community Clean Up Red Oak Day Sign-up, sign up to cleanup Red Oak on Saturday. Contact the RO Chamber or Cynthia Bangston, 712.360.1109 to volunteer.
Friday, April 16, Clean up Day, center wide cleanup.
Saturday, April 17, ROC-U Clean Up Day in Red Oak. 8 a.m.-noon. Meet at the city lot on the NW corner of the square to volunteer. Work in teams of 5, covering 2 blocks at a time. Rain date is April 24th work the whole time or for a 2 hour time slot. Please bring your brooms, dustpans, leaf blowers, etc.
Ready to pay it forward on your own? Potential PIF activities include:
- Send a message to a family member or a friend.
- Head outside with a trash bag! It means fresh air for you and a cleaner environment for everyone else.
- Write letters to residents at a local nursing home.
- The drive through is still open! Pay it Forward at a local restaurant and honk and wave as you leave.
- Spread cheer by decorating the windows of your house or apartment.
- Head outside with the sidewalk chalk. Messages of inspiration help cheer others!
- Give blood in your community.
- Support your local healthcare workers.
- Send a message to a teacher who inspired you along the way.
- Get your hands dirty! Offer to do yard work for a friend, neighbor, or family member.