SWCCyou is the official portal for Southwestern Community College. Login to access vital college information such as academic transcripts, advising information, course schedules, and billing statements.
First time logging in?
Please follow these detailed instructions:
- Enter your user name and password in the indicated areas on the upper right portion of the page. NOTE: If you are viewing this on a mobile device, click on the Menu Icon in the upper right corner of the page to see the login area.
- User Name: Your user name is the front portion of your SWCC email address (ex. SMITH4).
a. For anyone in the SWCC system prior to Dec. 22, 2017, your password is the first three letters of your last name (all letters uppercase) followed by the last four digits of your social security number (Ex. SMI2323).
b. For anyone entered in the SWCC system after Dec. 22, 2017, your password is your date of birth. This is an eight-digit password that includes the month, day, and year of your birth). So, for example, if your date of birth is Jan. 13, 1998, then your password would be 01131998.
- Once you have entered your user name and password, click “Login.”
- Feel free to change your password once you are into the SWCCyou Portal by clicking on the “Password Management” link below.
Accessing Your SWCC Email Account
Instructions for Accessing Your SWCC Email Account:
- Go to the SWCC home page at www.swcciowa.edu.
- Click on the webmail link at the very top of the page (page that comes up will look like image at right).
- Enter your user name (ex. Doe23). Your password is your date of birth (XXXXXXXX). So if your date of birth is Jan. 1, 1998, your password would be 01011998. If you do not yet have your username, please contact Scott Helm, director of information technology.
- Click on the “Sign in” button.
You have now accessed your SWCC email account! You will now use this same username and password when logging in to computers on campus. For your protection, do not let anyone know your password, and make sure you have logged off completely before leaving a computer.
SWCC's Wireless Network
SWCC's campus has a wireless network, as well as wired connections in the residence halls, computer labs, and various other locations. Computers are available in any one of the four computer labs.
Learning Resource Center/Library
The SWCC Library has more than just books and periodicals. The library has a variety of technology equipment available for student use. This includes computers with software required for classes, a laser printer, DVD players, audio recorders, digital video cameras, and computers with music keyboards. The library also provides the LCDs, laptops, document cameras, smart board, and speakers needed to do classroom presentations and projects. Stop by the library, located in the center of the Instructional Center, to see all that they have to offer.