SWCC automotive instructors strive to stay ahead in the industry. Students are trained on the latest equipment with input from the program's advisory committee, which is a group of automotive industry professionals who meet regularly to provide guidance and advice to SWCC's automotive program leaders.
During the program, SWCC automotive students can look forward to:
- electrical/electronic training using A-Tech electronic training boards.
- training on the use of Modis & Solus Snap-on Scan Tool & Lab Scopes.
- use of Tech II for General Motors.
- utilizing the latest Hunter technology including a Hunter R 811 four-wheel alignment machine.
- learning Robinair air conditioning reclaiming/recycling/recharge.
SWCC students train and complete testing in CFC-12 and R-134A refrigerant recycling and service procedures offered by the Mobile Air Conditioning Society. Once students have received this federal certification they will have it for life. It allows the certified individual to handle and purchase refrigerant.