The Bright Scholars of Iowa award is available to Iowa high school seniors who are strong academically but may lack the financial means to enable them to earn a college degree.
- Current senior attending an Iowa high school
- Outstanding academic achievement (top 10 percent or equivalent of high school graduating class, cumulative GPA of 3.75 or above, or ACT of 28 or above)
- Demonstrate a commitment to learning and community service, as well as success in the face of adversity
- Preference given to students who qualify for Pell Grants as determined by filing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Maintain full-time enrollment in an Associate of Arts or Associate of Science program with the intent to transfer to a four-year Regent institution in the state of Iowa
Amount of Award:
$2,500 each semester for four consecutive semesters (fall and spring)
Deadline: August of each academic year
Learn more about the Bright Foundation!