How do I change my major?

To officially change your major you need to fill out a change of major form in the registrar's office or visit with your academic advisor. If you are changing your degree program you will be assigned a new advisor at that time.

How do I change my advisor?

To officially change your advisor you need to fill out a change of advisor form in the registrar's office.

How do I know who my advisor is?

An advisor is assigned to each student at the time of registration. An admissions representative initially assigns you a faculty member in the area of study you choose. If you do not know who your advisor is, you can find it under your demographic information in the SWCCyou portal or go to the student services office and they can give you the name of your current advisor.

When do I need to see my academic advisor?

There are various times throughout a semester when you should see your advisor. Here are a few suggestions on when to make appointments:

  • To decide appropriate course selections and register for the next semester's classes.
  • To discuss general education requirements and your academic progress.
  • To discuss any problems which may affect your academic performance.
  • To add or drop a course.
  • To check on graduation requirements and obtain transfer information
  • To discuss career considerations

When is the last day to drop a class?

Courses may be dropped without grade penalty anytime through the 10th week of the semester. For courses dropped during this time, the student will receive a grade of "W." Following the 10th week of the semester, individual courses may be dropped only with permission of the instructor.

Can a physical education activity course count toward an associate degree?

Yes, up to two credits from a physical education activity course (PEA) or varsity athletics (PEV) may count as electives toward an Associate of Arts or an Associate of Science degree.