The offices of Southwestern Community College are closed for winter break from Dec. 24-Jan. 2. Offices will re-open on Jan. 3 at 8 a.m.
Classes for spring 2019 semester begin on Jan. 14. There is still time to get registered! Complete the SWCC application for admissions to get started!
Published December 21, 2018 4:19 pm
For the second year in a row, the LifePoint Assembly of God Church, in Osceola, donated to the Southwestern Community College (SWCC) Education Foundation for the purpose of scholarships to assist Osceola Center students who are completing the High School Equivalency Diploma (HSED).
Published December 20, 2018 11:06 am
The SWCC Art Club is hosting a Holiday Arts and Crafts Sale next week at the following locations:
- Monday, Dec. 10, 9 a.m.-2 p.m., Instructional Center, main hallway
- Tuesday, Dec. 11, 10 a.m.-2 p.m., Student Center, upstairs
- Tuesday, Dec. 11, 6-9 p.m., Student Center, gymnasium (during basketball game)
Published December 6, 2018 8:31 am
The Creston Law Enforcement Center would like to make students aware a Snow Removal Ordinance is now in effect for the city of Creston. The following article was sent to students on Nov. 15, 2018, by email and appeared in the Nov. 20 issue of the SWCC Weekly as well.
SNOW REMOVAL PARKING LIMITATIONS AND RESTRICTIONS
For the purpose of facilitating the removal of snow from the streets and making it possible to keep the streets open and free from obstructions, the following limitations and restrictions are imposed from Nov. 15 to March 31:
1. On the street sides where buildings bear even numbers, that is, on the south and west sides of all streets, parking is prohibited on all odd numbered days from 1-7 a.m.
2. On the street sides where buildings bear odd numbers, that is, on the north and east sides of all streets, parking is prohibited on the even numbered days from 1-7 a.m.
The City Council may designate certain streets in the city as snow routes. When conditions of snow or ice exist on the traffic surface of a designated snow route, it is unlawful for the driver of a vehicle to impede or block traffic.
Published November 29, 2018 2:13 pm
Intramural volleyball wrapped up for the fall 2018 semester with a tournament on Monday, Nov. 26. Notorious DIG (pictured above) came away with a first-place finish, followed by second-place finishers Porter's Team (pictured below).
Published November 29, 2018 12:03 pm